Grab your favourite takeaway food and meet on Larapinta Drive at Flynn’s Grave at 5:30pm for a strict 5:45pm departure onto Crown Land and up the hills past the ‘Widowmaker’.
• BYO Food, drinks, plates and cutlery (BBQ will not be brought on this occasion)
• BYO Camp chairs
• Bring wood for the fire and emergency fire extinguisher
• Rubbish disposal is each persons individual responsibility
• Bring recovery equipment – shovel, snatch strap, air compressor, spare tyre, first aid kit
• Please don’t bring domestic dogs on this trip, small children will be in attendance and the idea is to enjoy the natural flora and fauna – (guide dogs/registered support animals welcome).
Distance and fuel requirements – 2 Options to choose from:
Option 1: Trip will be less than 50km – always advisable to have a full tank of fuel. Travel with convoy to top of hill past the ‘Widowmaker’ to enjoy your feed, the view and the company of Outback 4WD Club members. After dinner, return via same track (following the right wall along the fence line) that you entered to Larapinta Drive and back to town.
Option 2: Trip will be less than 100km – always advisable to have a full tank of fuel. Travel with convoy to top of hill past the ‘Widowmaker’ to enjoy your feed, the view, and the company of Outback 4WD Club members. Continue on the ‘Widowmaker back-track’ for a night drive. This trip back will be at a relaxed pace allowing each vehicle to safely negotiate the obstacles including ‘side scraper’, this track returns to civilisation on Lovegrove Drive which will signal the completion of the event.
Track conditions – Recommended experienced drivers only. Deep ruts/washouts can be found in various locations along the track. Track conditions can very dramatically after recent rains. Tight tracks with rock faces that will cause panel damage to inexperienced drivers.
New Guests should request Guest Membership Access and pay $20 Guest Membership Fee (3 Months Access) in the store on this website.
Trip Leader: Steve Dominguez, 0457 985 530
Flynn's Grave, Larapinta Drive Alice Springs NT